Home Buyers Survey
Home Buyers CCTV Drain Surveys
CCTV Drain Surveys are becoming increasingly used by mortgage and insurance companies, perspective homebuyers and chartered surveyors. This is because whilst the drainage system may be out of sight, it is an integral part to any property. Leaking drains for example, are responsible for subsidence in 40 % of cases. The survey is conducted using the latest electronic equipment and provides you with a full assessment and analysis of the drainage system.
Home Buyers Drainage Surveys should be carried out prior to exchange of contract.
A Home Buyers CCTV Drain Survey will locate existing and potential problems in the drainage system. From minor maintenance work such as blockages that can be easily dealt with, to major faults that may cost thousands of pounds and be very disruptive and time consuming to put right.
If your thinking off buying a new home then a drain survey could potentially save you thousands of pounds if the property requires drainage repair and maintenance work.
Accelerated Drain Services (ADS) are happy to help advise and talk you through this process. ADS engineers are NADC registered and fully trained and experienced. After surveying your drainage system, our engineer will provide you with a comprehensive report, and will happily explain what the findings are and what the report is highlighting.
This friendly and professional service is tailored to your needs. Our engineer can discuss options with you and provide quotations for any further work that may be required.
If you are buying a property soon, we advised you to have the drainage system properly checked and surveyed before you exchange contracts.
Be sure to have a Home Buyers Drain Survey carried out to give you peace of mind.
If you require a survey for your business premises please see our Commercial CCTV Drain Surveys.
Here are some of the reasons to have a Home Buyers Drainage Survey carried out by a certified drainage surveyor from Accelerated Drain Services on a property you are buying or selling.
- Structural Condition Reporting/analysis
- Mis-connections identification and reporting
- Drainage system ownership - Private / Water Company
- Mapping - drawing to show drainage system locations and components
- Mortgage lenders may/will request a drain survey, the rance company may/will request a drain survey. These reports will satisfy all parties including solicitors for CON29DW's (Water Searches)
- Homebuyers may not be aware that a survey could provide all of the above information which is extremely important.
- Water company could be for-warned about defects on their asset, saving time and money on repairs and preventing the buyer from inheriting problems.
- Most RICS building surveyors do not carry the equipment to carry out an in-depth survey to a critical part of the structure, everything else can be properly inspected apart from the drainage system.
- Buyers are often left in the dark about the condition of drains which are often out of sight, out of mind and can often be in a very poor condition.
- Insurance companies are often covering defective drainage as they are unaware of the true condition, a growing number now request a drain survey before offering cover.
- Detection of Vermin / Rat Infestation within the drainage system